- 2nd (eight) - 2012 World Cup 3 (Munich, Germany)
- 6th (eight) - 2012 World Cup 2 (Lucerne, Switzerland)
- 4th (eight) - 2011 World Championships (Bled, Slovenia)
- 7th (eight) - 2011 World Cup 3 (Lucerne, Switzerland)
- 4th (four) - 2011 Australian Rowing Championships (West Lakes, Australia)
- Winning silver with the men's eight at the 2010 Rowing World Cup in Lucerne, Switzerland
- Winning bronze in the men's quad at the 2007 U23 World Championships in Strathclyde, Scotland
- Tom Swann grew up on a farm partway between Mulwala and Berrigan in the NSW Riverina region. He had never even heard of rowing before he went to boarding school at Ballarat Grammar.
- Swann competed at the 2007 Australian Youth Olympic Festival, racing the coxless four and pair as well as the men's eight. In 2009, he then got a full time scholarship to the AIS.
- Swann twice contested the U/23 World Championships, winning bronze in the men's quad in 2007 and then placing fifth in the same boat the following year.
- He made his senior international debut in 2009 competing in the men's eight in Poland. The same year he competed at the World Rowing Championships, finishing 7th in the men's eight. Two years later he again competed at the World Championships, just missing a medal with the eight that finished 4th.
Years on national team
Noel Donaldson (2009 - current)
Rhett Ayliffe (2009 - current)
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
Mercantile Rowing Club (VIC, Australia)
Institute/AcademyAustralian Institute of Sport, Canberra
Victorian Institute of Sport, Melbourne
Mulwala Primary (NSW, Australia)
Ballarat Grammar (VIC, Australia)
Bachelor Excerise Science, ACU, Melbourne, (2008 - )