- 2008 Beijing - 7th (Team)
- 18th (Technical Team) - 2011 FINA World Championships (Shanghai, China)
- 17th (Team) - 2011 FINA World Championships (Shanghai, China)
- 26th (Duet Technical and Free) - 2011 FINA World Championships (Shanghai, China)
- 3rd (Duet) - 2010 Commonwealth Games (Dehli, India)
- 4th (Team) - 2010 Swiss Open (Arbon, Switzerland)
- 8th (Duet) - 2010 Swiss Open (Arbon, Switzerland)
- 11th (Team) - 2010 FINA World Cup (China)
- 14th (Duet ) - 2010 FINA World Cup (China)
- Winning bronze in the duet event at the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games.
- Coming 7th place in the team event at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
- Making the final for the free team combination event at the 2007 FINA World Championships.
- Sarah Bombell started synchronised swimming when she was 10 years old and made her first national team 11 years later in 2004.
- She began her partnership with Eloise Amberger in 2003 and although they missed selection for the Athens Olympics, the pair went on to compete at the 2005 World Championships. As a duet they also competed at the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games where they won bronze.
- She was part of the team event at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games where Australia finished seventh.
- Bombell is an Exercise Science graduate and is currently completing her Master of Physiotherapy at Griffith University.
- Bombell and Amberger are not only duet partners but are also best friends. They got matching tattoos of the Southern Cross on their feet after the 2005 FINA World Championships and got different tattoos but in the same place together after the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Bombell has performed in a circus show that features divers and synchronised swimmers and also featured in the Eskimo Joe film clip' From the Sea'.
Years on national team
Anna Nepotacheva (2004 - current)
Marina Kholod (2005 - current)
Primary Training Base
Gold Coast, Australia
Secondary Training Base
Gold Coast Mermaids, Gold Coast, QLD Australia
Guardian Angels Primary School (QLD, Australia)
Emmanuel College (QLD, Australia)
Bachelor of Exercise Science. Griffith University, Gold Coast (2000 - 2004)