- 2008 Beijing - 6th (eight)
- 2nd (eight) - 2012 World Cup 3 (Munich, Germany)
- 6th (eight) - 2012 World Cup 2 (Lucerne, Switzerland)
- 3rd (four) - 2011 World Championships (Bled, Slovenia)
- 7th (four) - 2011 World Cup 3 (Lucerne, Switzerland)
- 2nd (pair) - 2011 Australian Rowing Championships (West Lakes, Australia)
- 2nd (four) - 2011 Australian Rowing Championships (West Lakes, Australia)
- Winning the 2010 Munich World Cup in the men's four
- Winning five consecutive King's Cups from 2008 - 2012 for NSW in interstate men's 8
- Winning bronze as part of the men's eight in the World Championships in 2010
- Sam Loch's selection in the men's eight for London 2012 comes off the back of his 2011 World Championships bronze medal in the men's four and 2010 World Championships bronze medal in the men's eight.
- Growing up in Sydney, Loch took up rowing in high school at the King's School. After school he moved to the USA to study at Princeton University, an Ivy League school in New Jersey, where he stroked in the senior crew claiming many victories.
- Returning to Australia in 2006, Loch took up a rowing scholarship at the AIS and within a year competed for his country at the 2007 World Championships in the men's four.
- Moving quickly through the Australian ranks, Loch was selected for his debut Olympics in just his second year in the program. He was part of the men's eight that finished sixth in Beijing.
Years on national team
Noel Donaldson (2009 - current)
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra
Palm Beach Kindy (NSW, Australia)
The King's School (NSW, Australia)
Bachelor of Arts - Princeton University (New Jersey, USA)