- 2008 Beijing - 3rd
- 2004 Athens - 4th
- 2nd - 2012 FINA World League Super Finals (Changshu, China)
- 1st - 2012 Olympic Test Event (London, United Kingdom)
- 1st - 2012 International Series v Great Britain (Canberra, Australia)
- 1st - 2012 International Series v USA (Sydney, Australia)
- 1st - 2012 Pan Pacific Championships (Melbourne, Australia)
- 1st - 2012 International Series v Canada (Melbourne, Australia)
- 5th - 2011 World Championships (Shanghai, China)
- Winning the bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Winning the 2006 World Cup in Tianjin.
- Melissa Rippon has been a mainstay in the Australian team since 2002 and will be heading to her third consecutive Olympic Games in London. She recently played her 300th match for Australia at the 2012 World League Super Finals.
- Rippon made her first Australian team in 1997 when she won silver at the Junior World Championships. She became a reserve member of the gold medal winning squad at the Sydney Olympic Games and was a regular on the Stingers team by 2002.
- She made her Olympic debut in Athens and was one of Australia's standout performers as the Australians finished 4th after losing to the USA in the bronze medal playoff. Her skill and leadership did not go unnoticed as she became the captain of the Stingers in 2006.
- Close to a medal in Athens, Rippon led Australia onto the podium at the 2008 Beijing Olympics when they won the bronze medal playoff in a shoot out over Hungary.
- While balancing preparations for London, Rippon has begun training to become a high performance coach through the Australian Sports Commission's National Coach Scholarship Program. Rippon's sister Rebecca and step-sister Kate Gynther competed alongside her in both the Athens and Beijing Olympic Games. Gynther and Rippon will again be side by side in the Olympic Team in London.
Years on national team
Greg McFadden (2005 - current)
Aleks Osadchuk (2005 - current)
Primary Training Base
Brisbane Barracudas (QLD, Australia)
Institute/AcademyQueensland Academy of Sport, Brisbane
Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra
Chester Hill North Public School (NSW, Australia)
Sefton High School (NSW, Australia)
Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture) - Endeavour College of Natural Medicine