- 2008 Beijing - 1st (100m breaststroke), 1st (4x100m medley), 2nd (200m breaststroke)
- 2004 Athens - 1st (4x100m medley), 2nd (200m breaststroke), 3rd (100m breaststroke)
- 2000 Sydney - 2nd (100m breaststroke), 2nd (4x100m medley)
- 2nd (100m breaststroke) - 2012 National Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 4th (200m breaststroke) - 2012 National Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 2nd (100m breaststroke) - 2011 World Championships (Shanghai, China)
- 3rd (4x100m medley) - 2011 World Championships (Shanghai, China)
- 6th (50m breaststroke) - 2011 World Championships (Shanghai, China)
- 1st (100m breaststroke) - 2011 National Championships (Sydney, Australia)
- 2nd (50m breaststroke) - 2011 National Championships (Sydney, Australia)
- Winning an individual gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Setting the world record and winning the 200m breaststroke in Montreal in 2005
- Although Jones was dethroned from the 100m breaststroke national crown at the 2012 Australian Championships for the first time in 12 years, she did enough to qualify for an historic fourth Games by placing second to Leiston Pickett. Jones is the first Australian swimmer, male or female to compete at four Olympics. She has competed at Sydney 2000, Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008 - winning eight Olympic medals including three gold. Beijing was Jones' breakthrough Games, winning her first individual gold medal in the 100m breaststroke - something she had hoped to achieve as a 14-year-old in 2000.
- Just months out from Olympic trials Jones changed states and coaches. She moved from Melbourne where she was training under Rohan Taylor, her coach for the 2008 Beijing Olympic campaign, to Brisbane with Michael Bohl.
- Jones has competed at five World Championships (2001, 2003, 2005, 2007 & 2011), winning a total of seven gold, four silver and three bronze medals along the way. In 2010, Jones competed at her third Commonwealth Games bringing her medal haul to 11 gold (7 individual) and one silver.
- After the Beijing Olympics, Jones took a sabbatical year in 2009. She did not compete at the FINA World Championships in Rome, but did finish the year on the World Cup circuit setting personal best times and then world records in the short course 100m and 200m breaststroke.
- Jones was born in an Aboriginal community in Katherine in the Northern Territory. She started swimming as a 2-year-old for water safety at the pool where her mother worked at the time.
Years on national team
Michael Bohl (2011 - current)
Rohan Taylor (2007 - 2011)
Primary Training Base
St Peters Western Swim Club (QLD, Australia)
VIC Institute of Sport, Melbourne
St Peter's Primary School (QLD, Australia)
Southern Cross Catholic College (QLD, Australia)