- 6th (1500m) - 2012 Diamond League (Shanghai, China)
- 1st (1500m) - 2012 National Championships (Melbourne, Australia)
- 1st (1500m) - 2012 Australian Olympic Trials (Melbourne, Australia)
- 3rd (1500m) - 2011 World Challenge (Rieti, Italy)
- 19th (1500m) - 2011 Diamond League (Daegu, Korea)
- 13th (1500m) - 2011 Diamond League (Monaco, Monaco)
- Coming second at the 2009 World University Games in the 1500m
- Winning the 1500m at the 2010 Australian Championships
- Running a 1500m personal best at the 2010 International Sotteville Meeting in France
- Kaila McKnight ran a 1500m personal best time of 4:05.61 at the Diamond League meet in Shanghai in May 2012. She sits fifth on the Australian all-time list for the 1500m (as at June 2012).
- McKnight qualified for the 2011 World Championships thanks to a lightning-fast 4:05.65 run at the IAAF World Challenge meeting in Daegu. The time smashed her previous best of 4:08.78 set in June 2010.
- McKnight went on to finish 10th in her semi-final at the 2011 World Championships. It was a strong result following a fifth place finish in her heat at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
- At the 2009 World University Games in Belgrade McKnight won silver in the 1500m.
Years on national team
Richard Huggins (1998 - current)
Nic Bideau (2009 - current)
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
London, United Kingdom
Knox Athletics Club, (VIC, Australia)
Victorian Institute of Sport, Melbourne
St Laurence's Catholic Primary School (VIC, Australia)
Mary MacKillop Catholic Regional College (VIC, Australia)
Bachelor of Commerce - Deakin University (2007 - 2009)