- 1st (3000m SC) - 2012 Indianapolis American Milers Club (Indianapolis, USA)
- 1st (1500m) - 2012 Indianapolis American Milers Club (Indianapolis, USA)
- 2nd (3000m SC) - 2012 Des Moines NCAA Div. I Championships (Iowa, USA)
- 2nd (3000m SC) - 2012 Melbourne Track Classic (Melbourne, Australia)
- 5th (3000m SC) - 2011 Des Moines NCAA Div. I Championships (Iowa, USA)
- Winning three Southeast Conference track titles in one weekend - 3000m steeplechase, 1500m and 5km
- Running the Olympic A qualifier for London 2012 and being told I had been selected
- Seeing the unreal media and public support I received for these Olympic Games!
- Genevieve LaCaze shaved 14 seconds off her personal best time in the space of five days to land an Olympic A qualifying time.
- On June 8 LaCaze ran a personal best time of 9:50.25 - outside the Olympic A standard of 9:43.00 in what she thought was her final dash at Olympic qualification. Then on June 13 LaCaze recorded a time of 9:41.15 to win the American Milers Meet in Indianapolis - a nine second personal best.
- The original qualifying deadline was June 11 but it was extended by Athletics Australia as vocal supporters rallied behind LaCaze.
- The Queenslander moved to the University of Florida on an a track and field scholarship in 2008 where she runs for the US College team the Florida Gators.
- In high school LaCaze won gold at nationals in the 3000m in 2004 and 2006 and also placed third in the 1500m in 2004 and 2006. A talented all-rounder, LaCaze won the national touch football title in 2006 representing Queensland, and was a member of the 2006 Australian U/18 Touch Football Squad. In triathlon, her Queensland state team won the national title in 2007.
Years on national team
Paul Spangler (2012 - current)
Todd Morgan (2008 - 2011)
Primary Training Base
University of Florida, USA
Tamborine Mountain State School (QLD, Australia)
John Paul College (QLD, Australia)
Applied Physiology and Kinesiology (Fitness and Wellness) - University of Florida (2008 - )