- 2008 Beijing - 39th
- 19th - 2012 UCI MTB World Cup 5 (Mont Sainte Anne, Canada)
- 21st - 2012 UCI MTB World Cup 4 (La Bresse, France)
- 38th - 2012 UCI MTB World Cup 3 (Nové Mesto na Morave, Czech Republic)
- 24th - 2012 UCI MTB World Cup 1 (Pietermartizburg, South Africa)
- 1st - 2012 Oceania Continental Championships (Rotorua, New Zealand)
- 1st - 2012 Australian Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 55th - 2011 Mountain Bike World Championships (Champery, Switzerland)
- 25th - 2011 London Olympic Test Event (London, Great Britain)
- 2010 National Champion
- 2008 Beijing Olympics
- London 2012 will be the second Olympic Games for Victorian rider Daniel McConnell. A national team member for over 10 years, McConnell also competed at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, finishing 39th.
- Australia earned one male quota place for the London Olympics after McConnell's teammate Chris Jongewaard won the 2011 Oceania Championships. The task was then set for the Aussie men to perform at their best throughout the nomination period. McConnell's 2012 national title and eventual UCI ranking of 41st (12 places higher than his nearest rival Jongewaard) earned him the right to compete in London.
- McConnell' 2012 National Championships win was his second national title in the sport after taking out the event in 2010. He also took out the 2012 Oceania Continental Championships in New Zealand and posted a series of positive World Cup results including 21st at World Cup 4 in France.
- McConnell began cycling at the age of 13 and made his first Australian team in 2002. The following year he finished 9th at the U/19 Cross Country Mountain Bike World Championships in Switzerland.
- McConnell's mother Jenny competed at the 1972 Munich Olympics in the 1500m athletics.
Years on national team
Donna Rae Syzalinski (2001 - current)
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
Bairnsdale Cycling Club (VIC, Australia)
Victorian Institute of Sport, Melbourne
Bruthen Primary School (VIC, Australia)
Bairnsdale Secondary School (VIC, Australia)