- 2008 Beijing - 6th (quad scull)
- 5th (quad) - 2012 World Cup 3 (Munich, Germany)
- 6th (quad) - 2012 World Cup 2 (Lucerne, Switzerland)
- 4th (quad) - 2011 World Championships (Bled, Slovenia)
- 5th (quad) - 2011 World Cup #3 (Lucerne, Switzerland)
- 6th (single) - 2011 Australian Rowing Championships (West Lakes, South Australia)
- 5th (double) - 2011 Australian Rowing Championships (West Lakes, South Australia)
- 2nd (quad) - 2011 Australian Rowing Championships (West Lakes, South Australia)
- Making the 2008 Olympic Team
- Amy Clay was born in Myrtle Beach in the United States and moved to Australia in 2003 to join the Mosman Rowing Club ahead of making her Australian World Championship debut in 2007.
- Clay competed as part of the women's quad scull in 2007 that finished 7th at the World Championships and qualified the boat for the Beijing Games.
- In Beijing, she was once again part of the women's quad scull and made the A Final with crew mates Kerry Hore, Amber Bradley and Mosman teammate Zoe Uphill before finishing sixth.
- Following time away from the sport Clay returned to action in the women's quad scull in 2011 and helped Australia to fourth at the World Championships, a finishing place that secured qualification for the London Games.
- Clay has completed a BA in English Literature and is looking forward to the opportunity of publishing a novel in the future. Before taking to rowing, Clay was a promising young gymnast.
Years on national team
Primary Training Base
Mosman Rowing Club, Sydney NSW Australia
Institute/AcademyNSW Institute of Sport, Sydney
Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra
Montesory School Myrtle Beach Sth (Carolina, USA)
Myrtle Beach High School (Carolina, USA)
Bachelor of English - Lewis & Clark College (Portland, USA)